Como sucesora de una gran dinastía de artistas y creadores, llega Ileana Mercedes Cabra Joglar con su primera producción musical. Mejor conocida como PG-13, por mas de diez años en la agrupación Calle 13, la voz femenina que antepuso en el escenario su propio estilo, mezclando la rebeldía y dulzura de una adolescente puertorriqueña.
Hoy, Ileana nos trae iLe
1) iLe was born April 28, 1989 in Hato Rey, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
2) She is daughter of artistically-driven parents: Flor Joglar de Gracia, an actress and José Cabra González, a creative advertiser and musician.
3) Her passion for music began at a very young age when she would perform at family gatherings.
4) iLe was in the school choir and took piano classes.
5) She took singing lessons from Puerto Rican soprano Hilda Ramos and Cuban singer Gema Corredera.
5) She was only 16 years old when she jumped on board the Calle 13 group.
6) The first song she released with them is called “La Aguacatona.”
7) She was nicknamed PG-13 by her cousin Marcel Cardoza Joglar.
8) Her breakthrough performance was at the age of 18 when Calle 13 performed “Pa’l Norte” at the 8th Annual Latin Grammy Awards.
9) In 2012, she was chosen by Miguel Cotto to sing the Puerto Rican national anthem at his boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr.
10) In 2015, she changed her artistic name to iLe. The rest, as they say, is history.